Monday, June 23, 2008

Vacation




So, I thought i would break up the vacation into days and cute pictures. We had such a great time!
Day 1 - Saturday
Unfortunately, i wasn't feeling well when we woke up at 5am and just thought I was tired. I had just gotten back from a business trip to Atlanta the night before and convinced myself I was just worn out. I was wrong. We got on the plane, all was fine, then I started to feel sick. Sparing you the details, I threw up the whole way over to California. And to make matters worse (for Chase), I felt extremely faint before i would vomit, so I couldn't make it to the bathroom AND was embarrased that I was puking, so I would grab the little white bag, lean into Chase and let go. Needless to say, Chase was less than thrilled with this process. The flight attendants kept asking me if I was ok, and I didn't want anyone to freak out that I WAS really sick, so I lied and said I thought I was pregnant. If I do turn up pregnant, it's karma for lying. You should have seen the look on Chase's face when I said that. I thought he was going to puke.
The flight lands, we go to the hotel and I go directly to bed. In the short 4 years as "Mommy" and CEO of this household, I have learned that if mommy doesn't rest when she is sick, mommy is sick a HECK of a lot longer than anyone else who happens to get the same illness. I shucked my guilt aside and slept most of the day. By that evening, i was good to go. We walked over to the hotel Del Saturday night for a light dinner and Chase & John went to play in the ocean. Us girls stuck to the land....just in case.






No comments: