Sunday, July 13, 2008

John and Caroline


Updates on each! Caroline has started to "walk". I say that lightly, but I really think this is it. I have not encouraged it at all! She just started doing it one day this past week and I think she realizes it is easier than crawling. The first day she started, she was doing the "Frankenstein" wobbly walk, but today she is much more sturdy. She has also learned how to give a "kiss" and leans in to you when you ask her for one. It is adorable. Still talking up a storm, just in her own language. She adores John and often when Chase has them both home during the week, he will look over at them, playing with their toys, only to see them giving each other a big bear hug!

John continues to be the family comedian. He is in the stage where he uses grown up phrases, but not exactly as a grown up would use them. For example, I will say "John, why don't you put on your shoes and then we can go outside and water the plants". To which he will say "Oh, mommy, that IS a good idea!".

This morning he told me that he was "hundry". I asked him what he would like to eat and he replies "there are yots of trees in the pantry". I wasnt' sure what he was talking about, so I asked him what he meant. He said "come on, i will show you". He walks me into the pantry and points to a basket where I keep Spiderman and Batman treats for special occassions, and says "see, you have yots of trees in the pantry". Interpretation: "You have lots of treats in the pantry". Such a sweet boy.

1 comment:

dc604 said...

is that a photo of john watching 90210? can't wait for his opinion on the new one!