Friday, May 16, 2008

Do You Smell Something?

Growing up the middle of 3 girls, I was not exposed to many "boy" things that a sister is exposed to if she has a brother. So, it often stuns me when my 4 year old boy says or does something extremely gross. I have a "list" of things I never thought I would hear myself say. It goes something like this:
-Take your finger out of your nose
-Put your wee-wee away
-We only pee-pee outside, at home, and in the backyard. NOT in the front yard

Now, this is my favorite one....and a new one, too:
-No, I do not smell something

And, of course, I do smell it. The entire DFW area smells it and it stinks. Here is how the conversation goes:
"Mommy, do you smell something?"
"No, I don't. Why?"
"Betause I just TOOTED!".....he is laughing hysterically at this point

BOYS.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have told this story to as many grandmothers as will listen. They all get a kick out of it - except the prudes who don't talk about gas in anyone's presence.