Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Mother's day


We had such a nice Mother's Day. Chase really went all out and put alot of thought into the whole day. It was so nice. First, and foremost, he let me sleep in. That was great...even if I couldn't fall back asleep and ended up with only a little 20 min. cat nap. But that is my issue! He then made a big brunch, complete with eggs, hash browns, french toast and mimosas! Yum! Then we just tooted around the rest of the day and went to Central Market to have an early dinner and let the kids play on the playground. John loves this place and it is nice that you can get a really good meal AND sit at a nice table and watch the kids play. Caroline hung out in her stroller and ate puffs, some chicken (little pieces I gave her of mine) and was generally her sweet self. John did not have a nap that day, so he crashed at 7pm, Caroline was down at 7:45pm and that left just enough time for Chase and I to sit on our front porch, with the new chairs that were my mother's day gift, and enjoy the last few minutes of the day. I wouldn't have wanted it any other way. The nice thing is, Chase really did go all out for this special day, but he (and John & Caroline) let me know I am appreciated all throughout the year....

No comments: