Saturday, March 8, 2008

"Good Morning, Sweetheart"

This is what John said to Caroline when he woke up yesterday morning. It was like hearing my own voice....my own words repeated back to me. I say this to each of them in the morning.
On another note, I am not a very good blogger. It's not that I don't have anything to blog about, actually, it's quite the opposite. I have TOO much going on, as does everyone else, I am sure. Work, travel, 2 kids...one of them still on breastmilk, a home, a husband and that damn beagle Kramer take up all my time. Heck, it can seem hard to connect with my sisters*. It's not that I have to find time to call them, but for me to call them and we both can talk...uniterrupted, that's the key. If only John, Caroline, Esther and Ruthie could open their kiddie laptops, look at their daily calendar and say "Oh, mommy has a conference calll with Aunt Ellen at 1:00pm today and then she has another conference call with Aunt Susan at 4:00pm". I wish.
I have to go out of town...again. Actually, not out of town, but far enough that I am no help whatsoever to Chase. I am staying at the W in Dallas later this week. Which would be fab if I could do it and not feel guilty about it. I mean, clients are flying in for a summit. I love the networking aspect of this and connecting with my current clients. We are attending a Mavericks game (in a suite with a personal greeting with Mark Cuban) and then the next night, drinks at the Ghost Bar and dinner at House of Blues. I mean come on, GHOST BAR. They don't let people like me in! Tommy Lee and me hanging out, having drinks...whatever! I have spit up on my shirt half the time....I am not the Ghost Bar type! Too bad I can't curl up in that wonderful W bed, not feel the least bit guilty and watch 3 hours straight of Law and Order!!!


*Sisters = Best Friends.

1 comment:

dc604 said...

But - you really do have to use those nights for sleep when you have them. That's easy for me to say as I drink a glass of wine and check emails - but, enough with the guilt - just sleep!