Monday, March 3, 2008

Thank God March 1st, 2008 is over

Did you ever have one of those days, that when you woke up the next morning, you thought to yourself "I am so glad yesterday is over". I had "that" day on Saturday, March 1st, 2008. Things were going fine throughout the day on Saturday. We had plans to meet Chase's mom at a restaurant in Southlake at 5pm. I knew John needed a nap and when he fell asleep at quiet time, I was happy. He woke up and said his ear hurt. We thought it was just red because that was the side he was sleeping on. Apparently not. Here are the cliff notes to why Saturday sucked for me (and Saturday night)
1. John had an ear infection, although we didn't know it until about 9pm when he was SCREAMING
2. John had a meltdown at the restaurant. Like any good mother, I took him to the bathroom so that we could get away from the crowd and he could calm down. He was hysterical by the time we got into the stall. To make matters worse, some crazy lady in the stall next to us was screaming.... AT ME! Telling me to let him go and to put him down, etc. It was so odd. I don't know who she is, as she was too cowardly to say something to my face, but you can rest assured I would have punched her right in the nose if she had. I was very calm with John, but when he has a tantrum and you hold him, he will say (scream) "stop holding me, you are hurting me!".
3. We got into the car after dinner and I burst into tears telling Chase about this woman yelling at me. Once I got my senses back about me, we figured she was either drunk or just crazy. But it was still upsetting! AND...I am sure she doesn't have kids and has never had to endure the emotional torture a mother goes through while waiting out a tantrum of this magnitude
4. John sobbed most of the night, while Chase held him and I ran back and forth to the microwave putting wash clothes in to warm them for his ears. The motrin finally took effect and he fell asleep! Thank Goodness!
5. Of course, we still have antoher child. Another nursing child. Another nursing child who wakes up twice during the night.
I AM EXHAUSTED!

Thank goodness I only had to live through March 1st, 2008 ONCE!

1 comment:

dc604 said...

I'm just catching up on the blogs of my sister's! I had Esther in the family bathroom at target and someone pounded on the door as she was trying to tee-tee like a big girl and then she started crying and said, "don't come in" and I swear, when she was finished and i carried her out, I gave the people nearby the biggest "eat shit" look I could muster up.....I can only imagine what that would be like to really be the "mommy" trying to help your child and ignore an ignorant bystandard at the same time!